Early Childhood Center
Happy Children at Early Childhood Center

Parents' Resources


Occasionally, parents need a referral for their child. The following is a list of some local agencies serving children and families. It is by no means a complete list. If you do not see what you are looking for or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Guilford County Department of Social Services
A subsidy program issuing vouchers for payment of child care for families that qualify for assistance. (336) 641-3681

Regional Resource and Referral Agency
A regional service funded through the United Way dedicated to working with parents, child care providers, businesses, and community organizations to help promote the availability of quality child care.
(336) 369-5097

Bringing Out the Best
Provides family-centered, community-based services targeting children with social and emotional challenges so as to increase the number of children in Guilford County that are healthy and ready to succeed as they enter school.
(336) 256-0026

Greensboro Parks & Recreation
Operating neighborhood as well as regional parks and watershed parks.
(336) 373-2574
For shelter reservation: (336) 373-5888

Guilford County Department of Public Health
(336) 641-7777
Child Care Health Nurse:
Majena Groomes: (336) 641-3860

Car Seat Safety
For assistance with car seat installation.
(336) 832-3939

Poison Control

Division of Child Development
Regulates child care centers in the state of NC.
Raleigh: (919) 662-4499
ECC licensing consultant: Danielle Lucas: (336) 644-7098
The division of Child Development in Raleigh has information on its website. As a resource for parents searching for care, go to http://www.ncchildcare.net/.

Click here